Fair Process Notice - How We Use Personal Information
C O R R I L T D INSURANCE SERVICES
Tel : 01372 62 11 01 Web : www.corri.co.uk
Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority Firm Reference 307557 Registered in England. Registered Address:
Willows, Briar Road, Send, Woking, Surrey GU23
7AN. Registration Number: 2288929
1. Who we are
When we refer to “we”, “us” and “our” in this notice it means Corri Limited. When we say, “you” and “yours” in this notice, we mean anyone whose personal information we may collect, including: -
• anyone seeking an insurance quote from us
• anyone named on or covered by the policy
• anyone who may benefit from or be directly involved in the policy or a claim, including claimants and witnesses.
2. How we use personal information
We use personal information in the following ways: -
• to seek, negotiate and provide quotes, administer policies and claims to fulfil our contract
• to administer third party claims, deal with complaints and prevent financial crime to meet our legal obligations
• to manage our business and meet the legitimate needs of our business
You have the right to object to us using your personal information. You can do this at any time by telling us and we will consider your request and either stop using your personal information or explain why we are not able to. Our contact details can be found below.
3. Automated decision making, including profiling
We may use profiling and automated decision making, to assess insurance risks, detect fraud, and administer your policy. This helps us decide whether to offer you insurance determine prices and validate claims. If you disagree with the outcome of an automated decision please contact Wissam
Ayoub on email@example.com and we will review the decision.
4. The personal information we collect
We collect the following types of personal information about you so we can complete the activities in
section 2, “How we use personal information”: -
• basic personal details such as name, age, address and gender
• family, lifestyle and social circumstances, such as marital status, dependants and employment type
• financial details such as direct debit or payment card information
• photographs and/or video to help us manage policies and assess claims
• tracking and location information if it is relevant to your policy or claim
• identification checks and background insurance risk details including previous claims information
• medical information if it is relevant to your policy or claim
• criminal convictions if it is relevant to your policy or claim
• accessibility details if we need to make reasonable adjustments to help
• business activities if it is relevant to your policy or claim.
5. Where we collect personal information
From you, your representatives or from publicly available sources, including information you have
made public, for example on social media. From other persons or organisations, for example: -
• credit reference and/or fraud prevention agencies
• emergency services, law enforcement agencies, medical and legal practices
• insurance industry and government registers and databases used to detect and prevent insurance
fraud, for example the Claims and Underwriting Exchange (CUE), DVLA, etc.
• insurance investigators and claims service providers
• insurers or service providers who underwrite the cover or provide the services for our products
• other involved parties, for example claimants or witnesses.
6. Sharing personal information
We may share your personal information with: -
• Insurers, third party underwriters, insurance intermediaries
• credit reference, fraud prevention and other agencies that carry out certain activities on our behalf, for example the Insurance Fraud Bureau (IFB)
• our approved suppliers to help deal with claims or provide our services, for example legal advisors, loss adjusters, premium finance companies and risk surveyors
• regulators such as the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), law enforcement, the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS); and other organisations that provide services to us or you
7. Transferring personal information outside the UK
We may use servers located in the European Union (EU) to store your personal information where it is protected by laws equivalent to those in the UK.
8. How long we keep personal information
We keep information only for as long as we need it to administer the policy, manage our business or as required by law or contract.
9. Know your rights
You have the right to: -
• object to us using your personal information. We will either agree to stop using it or explain why we are unable to.
• ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exemptions.
• ask us to update or correct your personal information to keep it accurate.
• ask us to delete your personal information from our records if it is no longer needed for the original purpose.
• ask us to restrict the use of your personal information in certain circumstances.
• ask for a copy of the personal information you provided to us, so you can use it for your own purposes.
• make a complaint if you feel your personal information has been mishandled. We encourage you to come to us in the first instance but you are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.gov.uk.
• ask us, at any time, to stop using your personal information, if using it is based only on your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights you can do so by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
10. Data Protection Officer contact details
Any queries about how we use your personal information should be addressed to our Data Protection Officer: -
Name: Wissam Ayoub
Phone: 01372 62 11 01
Postal Address: Willows, Briar Road, Send, Woking, Surrey GU25 7AN
11. Changes to our Fair Processing Notice
Occasionally it may be necessary to make changes to this notice. When that happens we will provide you an updated version at the earliest opportunity. The most recent version will always be available on our website.